I want to say goodbye with a mention of some of the best and most interesting books I read in 2008. I may write about some of these in future posts. (I’m not saying I agreed with or liked everything in these books- indeed many are antithetical- only that they engaged me and are worth reading.) They are listed in chronological order.
20. Foucault- J.G. Merquior
And here are some things non-literary which made my life more interesting this last year.
1. The Dark Knight: Best Movie of the Year
2. Utah Utes Football: Undefeated Regular Season!
3. The Wire: Season 5
4. NFL Films on Netflix
5. Funky 16 Corners music blog
6. Political Blogs: Roderick T. Long’s Austro-Athenian Empire and Kevin Carson’s Mutualist Blog
7. Ron Paul’s Campaign for Liberty
8. Oh yeah, and finally finishing my two-year degree (in only five years or so) at Salt Lake Community College. Hasta la vista, Slick!
And finally a big cheesy shout out to all my friends and loved ones (you know who you are), but especially to Jane: here’s to another year together! (Everyone reading this must now take a drink of their preferred beverage.)